Thursday, September 22, 2016

Bellino on Barolo Barbaresco and ???

 
Winebow Portfolio Tasting

CIPRIANI 42nd Street

NEW YORK NEW YORK


screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-3-23-38-pm


Dessert Wines from Fausto Maculan

ITALY'S GREATEST 

DINDARELLO,  TORCOLATO,  ACINOBBILI


screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-3-22-57-pm


Alessandro Fiore of Poggio Scalette

Il Carbonaione & Chianti Classico Poggio Scalette

Alessandro's father Vittorio Fiore who owns Poggio Scalette is considered one of

Italy's greatest Wine-Makers, and for good reason, "He Is !"
.
.
screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-3-23-15-pm
.
.
.



screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-3-24-40-pm


The KING of BARBARESCO ITALO STUPINO

with

Author DANIEL BELLINO ZWICKE




screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-7-02-16-pm


CASTELLO NEICE BARBARESCO "SANTA STEFANO"

from Italo Stupino ...

"I tasted the Barbaresco Santa Stefano 2007, 
the "Santa Stefano Riserva" 2007
and The 2010 Barbaresco Albanesi "Santa Stefano"

"They were all great, but if I had to pick my Favorite of the Barbaresco's that Italo was tasting me on this day, I'd have to say it was the 2010 Santa Stefano which was an absolute Gem that I went totally nuts for. It was the perfect expression of what a great Barbaresco can be at its very Best, and I'd take it over anything that Angelo Gaja makes andy day of the week. That's my Boy Italo "The King of Barbaresco" as I like to call him. And why not? He is!"
Italo also tasted me on his current vintage Grignolino (2015) which I absolutely loved. The wine is light in body with slight bitter notes and a beautiful perfume that reminded me of some of the Ruche's of Piedmont which I quite love as well. Mr. Stupino also tasted me on his fine Dolcetto d'Alba Basarin 2013 which just blew me away. It was quite literally my favorite Dolcetto that I've ever tasted. Yes, it was that good, of perfect wight and body and full of lovely Black Cherry fruit flavor with hints of licorice and slight almond notes. I absolutely loved this wine. I've had Italo's wines many times, and his Barbaresco's are my favorites of the whole zone. And I've had Italo's Dolcetto, Barbera, Pinot Nero, and Grignolino before but have never enjoyed these other wines of his so much as I did today. Bravo Italo, "you're a true Master of the Grape and of course The King of Barbaresco you are."



BAROLO


screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-7-38-22-pm



Had some great Barolo today. I was tasted on the Ceretto Barolo "Brunate" 2012 
and the famed Ceretto Barolo "Bricco Rocche" 2012
I first tasted the Brunate 2012 which is probably my favorite Single Vineyard in all of Barolo. The Narcarini Family makes a great one, as does Vietti and Elio Altare. My all-time favorite of the Brunate's has to be from Marcarini, but I do love them all. Well this 2012 offering from Ceretto was wonderful and totally enjoyable. The wine was well balanced and drinking quite well at this time already.

I moved on to the Legendary Ceretto Barolo "Bricco Rocche" 2012 and all I can say is "Wow!" Yes it was that good, and Wow is about all I'll say for now, for if a Big Wow doesn't say that this Barolo was Great and as Good-as-It-Gets, then I don't know what does. If you can get your hands on this wine (if you can Afford it) then grab it for it's an absolute Gem, and let me tell you "They don't make Barolo any Better than this one." s
o Get it and Enjoy !!!!




screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-7-40-45-pm







screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-6-05-12-pm


ZENATO AMARONE

Great as Usual !!!


"I tasted the Amarone "Sergio Zenato Riserva" 2009, it was awesome."
I also had the "Ripasso" 2012 which was my favorite vintage since the 1997."
No surprise, Zenato always produces the most wonderful Amarone and Ripasso you can imagine, there's none better, not Dal Forno nor Bertani, they can't touch Zenato. Trust me!"




screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-7-22-53-pm


Author Daniel Bellino Zwicke
with
Nadia Zenato




Angela Maculan with Nadia Zenato





screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-7-23-24-pm


M. Argiolas

with Ariolas "TURIGA"

Sardegna's Greatest Wine




Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 3.24.13 PM.png

Anna Tiefenbrunner pouring some of her family's fine wine. They make some 
of Italy's best Whites and really fine Pinot Nero. My favorite is always
the "Feldmarchell" Muller-Thurgau (2014)




screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-3-25-14-pm


Great Etna Rosso from this lady.
.
.
05ee3-sunday-sauce-cv-art
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment